Hi Ger,

Unfortunately that fix did not address the issue.  The problem continues
to be the following:

Switch Audio over to Jabra PRO 930.
Headset switches off unless there is a constant source of output.
Short "bursts" of output will sometimes be completely lost, but any output will
cut off the first few seconds until the headset "turns on"

What I'm doing right now is streaming music at 1% volume to just keep
the headset constantly on, this works fine except whenever I forget to
turn the music on.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

  [USB-Audio - Jabra PRO 930, recording] Recording problem

Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu:

  I am having a problem with my Jabra PRO 930 USB headset working with
  Ubuntu. I thought there might be issues when under Sound Settings, the
  headset is listed under the Output Tab but is not listed under the
  Input tab. See attached pictures.

  However, the headset does seem to work briefly, as long as audio is
  being played out. I have noticed that as long as the other side is
  talking or audio is coming in for at least 5 secs, the headset works
  perfectly. But if the other side mutes or stops talking (like
  listening to me talk), the headset cuts off completely until audio is
  detected again.

  This is not a problem with the headset. My wife bought the same
  headset and is using it with her Windows 7 system. I swapped headsets
  and the problem persisted on my Ubuntu 12.10 system.

  I use Google Talk, Google+ Hangouts and Skype and have the issue with
  all applications.

  Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help or what
  information I can provide.

  Package: alsa-base 1.0.25+dfsg-0ubuntu3
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.5.0-23.35-generic 3.5.7.2
  Uname: Linux 3.5.0-23-generic i686
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.6.1-0ubuntu10
  Architecture: i386
  AudioDevicesInUse:
   USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
   /dev/snd/controlC0:  bob        2464 F.... pulseaudio
   /dev/snd/pcmC0D0p:   bob        2464 F...m pulseaudio
   /dev/snd/controlC1:  bob        2464 F.... pulseaudio
  Date: Tue Feb 12 18:21:46 2013
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric Ocelot" - Release i386 (20111012)
  MarkForUpload: True
  PackageArchitecture: all
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: alsa-driver
  Symptom: audio
  Symptom_AlsaRecordingTest: ALSA recording test through plughw:J930 successful
  Symptom_Card: Jabra PRO 930 - Jabra PRO 930
  Symptom_PulseAudioRecordingTest: PulseAudio recording test through
plughw:J930 failed
  Symptom_Type: Only some of inputs are working
  Title: [USB-Audio - Jabra PRO 930, recording] Recording problem
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to quantal on 2012-10-27 (108 days ago)
  dmi.bios.date: 11/29/2010
  dmi.bios.vendor: Hewlett-Packard
  dmi.bios.version: F.2D
  dmi.board.asset.tag: Base Board Asset Tag
  dmi.board.name: 30F4
  dmi.board.vendor: Compal
  dmi.board.version: 99.B6
  dmi.chassis.type: 10
  dmi.chassis.vendor: Compal
  dmi.chassis.version: N/A
  dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnHewlett-Packard:bvrF.2D:bd11/29/2010:svnHewlett-Packard:pnHPPaviliondv7NotebookPC:pvrF.2D:rvnCompal:rn30F4:rvr99.B6:cvnCompal:ct10:cvrN/A:
  dmi.product.name: HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC
  dmi.product.version: F.2D
  dmi.sys.vendor: Hewlett-Packard