@nicola
Do you happen to have HDR turned on in camera-app? (swipe up from bottom edge
will reveal the option to set HDR mode)

@michi
I think the problem you are describing is something different and we should
file a separate bug. I believe Nicola's problem is the images are actually
getting corrupt whereas your problem is a bug with gallery.

** Also affects: camera-app (Ubuntu)

** No longer affects: camera-app

** No longer affects: gallery-app (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: camera-app (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: camera-app (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: camera-app (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Florian Boucault (fboucault)

** Changed in: camera-app (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to gallery-app in Ubuntu.

  Photos made with back camera sometimes are unavailable in gallery

Status in Canonical System Image:
  Incomplete
Status in camera-app package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in thumbnailer package in Ubuntu:

  [Using Aquaris E.4.5]

  Sometimes when I take a picture with the back camera it will appear with a
"music icon" in the gallery (making it impossible to view)
  Also, pictures made with the front camera works fine.

  So I must restart my device to make the front camera work again.

  Here is a screen capture of what I see in my gallery...

  Thanks!