Public bug reported:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/apport/report.py", line 197, in _run_hook
    symb['add_info'](report, ui)
  File "/usr/share/apport/general-hooks/ubuntu.py", line 66, in add_info
    check_attachment_for_errors(report, attachment)
  File "/usr/share/apport/general-hooks/ubuntu.py", line 155, in
check_attachment_for_errors
    trim_dpkg_log(report)
  File "/usr/share/apport/general-hooks/ubuntu.py", line 444, in trim_dpkg_log
    if isinstance(lines[0], str):
IndexError: list index out of range

See bug 1518522 for an example.

In this sort of case, I'd at least like to know the reason that
DpkgTerminalLog is problematic, for example if it is empty, or corrupt,
or what. Perhaps even include the whole thing, or the last 128K or
something?

** Affects: apport (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apport in Ubuntu.

  trim_dpkg_log raises exception on unexpected DpkgTerminalLog

Status in apport package in Ubuntu: