This is weird. You’re saying webbrowser-app is not warning you about the
self-signed certificate?

Do you get a warning when you browse to https://self-signed.badssl.com/
?

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to webbrowser-app in Ubuntu.

  Unable to log in to owncloud hosted on private NAS

Status in webbrowser-app package in Ubuntu:

  Hi there,

  I'm trying to access my owncloud hosted on my private NAS.

  WHAT I EXPECT:
  I can accept the certificate and access my OwnCloud.

  WHAT HAPPENS:
  I cannot access my OwnCloud.
  It shows the login prompt, but doesn't allow me to log in.
  As if the login button doesn't work.