This was discussed some time ago in
https://github.com/systemd/systemd/pull/226 . So the issue is that
/dev/urandom is a bind mount (from the "outside" lxc/lxd), and systemd
stops it before shutdown (can be seen nicely in the log).

So it's clear why the assertion happens. It's less clear why it's not
reproducible for me, and how to fix this properly, but I'll discuss that
with upstream.

  Shutdown failure: Assertion 'sd_id128_randomize(&id) >= 0' failed at
  ../src/core/dbus.c:657, function bus_on_connection(). Aborting.

Status in lxd package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:

  This is a follow-up on this issue here:
  https://github.com/lxc/lxd/issues/1336 I cannot stop a LXD container
  gently and as it seems the issue lies within ubuntu/systemd which does
  not handle SIGPWR correctly.