Public bug reported:

When calling, or being called, there is a chance of about 20% that, when the
call is accepted, the only thing you hear is your voice as an echo.
The other person ( I tested it multiple times, with different  setups, e.g.
Ubuntu phone to Ubuntu Phone, Android to Ubuntu Phone, etc. ) can hear me, but
I only hear my own voice.
This bug also affects two other Ubuntu Phone users that I know, and it really
is annoying.
If you need further Information (crashdumps, logs etc) I'm happy to help.

The bug is not fixed in OTA 8,5.

** Affects: dialer-app (Ubuntu)

** Description changed:

- When calling, or beeing called, there is a chance of about 20% that, when the
call is accepted, the only thing you hear is your voice as an echo.
+ When calling, or being called, there is a chance of about 20% that, when the
call is accepted, the only thing you hear is your voice as an echo.
  The other person ( I tested it multiple times, with different  setups, e.g.
Ubuntu phone to Ubuntu Phone, Android to Ubuntu Phone, etc. ) can hear me, but
I only hear my own voice.
  This bug also affects two other Ubuntu Phone users that I know, and it really
is annoying.
- If you need further Informaton (crashdumps, logs etc) I'm happy to help.
+ If you need further Information (crashdumps, logs etc) I'm happy to help.
+
+ The bug is not fixed in OTA 8,5.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to dialer-app in Ubuntu.

  Audio echo instead of call

Status in dialer-app package in Ubuntu: