Thanks to SturmFlut I can report how to solve this "bug".

It is a simple calibration thing users can fix themselves. The BQ
Aquaris Phones have a Factory Modus where you can check several hardware
features of the phone and can perform several tests. One of the tests is
the accelerometer test. When you mark the test as fail you get into a
sub-menu where one can calibrate the sensor. If you then place it on a
flat surface and clear the calibration data you can recalibrate it.

This solves the above reported issue.

How to get to the facory modus?

Turn your phone off. Turn it back on while keeping "volume down" +
"power on" pressed. You then get into the "facory modus". Release the
buttons and navigate through the facory modus with volume up & down
(select item) + power on (enter).

Can someone please close this bug?

  Accelerometer has an offset

Status in unity8 package in Ubuntu:

hardware bug of my phone, the Aquaris 4.5 or all Aquaris phones or this is a
software bug in reading the accelerometer data of the sensor.

  This might also be a root cause of bug:
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1474225

  My phone:

  current build number: 28
  device name: krillin
  channel: ubuntu-touch/stable/bq-aquaris.en
  last update: 2015-12-16 12:25:08
  version version: 28
  version ubuntu: 20151210
  version tag: OTA-8.5
  version device: 20150821-736d127
  version custom: 20151111--36-46-vivid

  Task 1:
  I have attached a screenshot of the app "Level". I have placed the phone on a
surface which is leveled quite well.
  Expectation 1:
  The app level shows that the surface is leveled and the red dot is in the
middle.
  Result 1:
  The red dot shows an offset of about 0.5 - 1 degree to "bottom left". This
might be caused by a not fully leveled surface.

  Task 2:
  I have turned the phone by 90°
  Expectation 2:
  The red dot moves by 90° in the direction I turn the phone.
  Result 2:
  The red dot stays in exactly the same position (in relation to the
orientation of the phone): bottom left. This means that a second screen shot
would show exactly the same picture eventhough I have turned the phone by 90°.

  Task 3:
  I used "Sensor Status" - Accelerometer and I made 5 screen shots where I
placed the phone on the same leveled surface and rotated the phone to 0°, 90°,
180°, 270°, 360°.
  Expectation3:
  The calculation of the angles of the 5 screen shots should give 4 different
angles differing each by approx. 90°.
  Result3:

  Results of the „Sensor Status“ Accelerometer of the BQ Aquaris 4.5 lying on a
flat surface

  angle of the phone            x       y               calculated angle
  0             -0,421  -0,277          -146,66

  90            -0,43   -0,335          -142,08

  180           -0,43   -0,316          -143,69

  270           -0,44   -0,306          -145,18

  0             -0,44   -0,296          -146,07

  I have also attached the 5 screen shots and the Calc file with the
  background how I came to these results.

  This clearly shows that the accelerometer has an offset. This is
  either a specific hardware bug of my phone, the Aquaris 4.5 or all
  Aquaris phones or this is a software bug in reading the accelerometer
  data of the sensor.

  Uranicus