Hello,

What's news about this bug ?

Thanks for your answer

Best regards

Battant

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu.

  apt-cdrom add fails to mount the medium

Status in apt package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in synaptic package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: apt

  While running 'apt-cdrom add' in my notebook its always fails saying:
  E: Failed to mount the cdrom.

  APT looks into /etc/fstab to get the default cdrom mount point. My fstab
looks like:
  /dev/cdrom        /cdrom   udf,iso9660 user,noauto     0       0

  APT tries to mount '/cdrom/' instead of just '/cdrom' (withou slash).
  If I change fstab and add the slash in the mount point everything
  works well.

  Suggestion:
  a) APT needs to use the hal mounting point instead the /etc/fstab, so it
would works with no mention in fstab
  b) The default fstab mounting point should be '/cdrom/' instead of just
'/cdrom'
  c) The default mounting point where apt looks into should be '/cdrom'