@robin we will wait for the UI designer voice an opinion on that so it
will be ota 10

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to indicator-location in

  [Location Indicator Menu] GPS switch should be turned off when
  "Location detection" is off

Status in Canonical System Image:
  Fix Committed
Status in Ubuntu UX:
  Fix Released
Status in indicator-location package in Ubuntu:

  After a conversation with tvoss, I understand that if I turn the
  "Location detection" switch off, effectively GPS will be turned off
  too.

  However, the two switches are independent: I can switch "Location
  detection" off and the "GPS" switch will stay on. This might be
  confusing for users: I'd expect both switches to go off when turning
  "Location detection" off.

  ------ UX Comment ------

  Location section in the Indicators spec has been updated with latest
  visuals and desired behaviour.

  On tap of 'Location settings...', users can choose to use 'GPS only'
  (without using Here services) in the relevant System settings screen.

https://docs.google.com/document/edit?hgd=1&id=1810KDpFl2Mxsn1z3wehPU9pkbS6R6o-j1-pmYpkYb7A#heading=h.jh8j7gb6bo0s