https://bugzilla.kernel.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Drivers

Sound/alsa

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=PulseAudio

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

  Sound is not automatically switched back from headphones to speakers

Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu:

  When plugging in headphones, sound output is correctly switched from
  speakers (line out) to the headphones. When the headphones are
  unplugged, sound is NOT automatically switched back to the speakers.

  This bug started happening on my system after I upgraded from 14.04 to
  15.10 so it is a regression. Attached is pulseaudio log of what
  happens when I plug and unplug my headphones.