And this is the original bug:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/qtmir/+bug/1352845

  large window flicker on ubuntu apps launching in window mode

Status in The Avila project:
  New
Status in Canonical System Image:
  Triaged
Status in canonical-pocket-desktop:
  New
Status in qtmir package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in unity8 package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  I don't recall ever seeing this, and I believe i would have noticed, so I
think this is a regression
  This only seems to occur for ubuntu apps (not puritine/xmir apps)
  This is probably best demonstrated with the Clock app because of the trusted
prompt - which in the clock app case actually holds the large window on screen

  steps to repro
  1) connect bt mouse
  2) connect slimport to device
  3) launch clock app (or any other ubuntu app and keep your eyes on the screen
for the flicker)

  also, tested this on both n7 and n4, it occurs on both