As I explained above, using checkboxes for some things and switches for
other things is a deliberate part of our UI grammar.

The problem with them looking too similar has been fixed, in the design
of the toolkit, in both the ways I described: checkboxes will be moved
to the left, and switches will no longer contain checkmarks.
Implementation of the new checkboxes is in progress and not tracked
using a bug report.

** Changed in: ubuntu-ui-toolkit (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-ui-toolkit in

  Sound settings mix checkbox and toggle widgets

Status in ubuntu-ui-toolkit package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  $ system-image-cli -i
  current build number: 83
  device name: krillin
  channel: ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/bq-aquaris.en
  last update: 2015-08-03 03:47:33
  version version: 83
  version ubuntu: 20150803
  version device: 20150716-fb60d96
  version custom: 20150717-820-30-25-vivid

  Steps to reproduce:
  1.Open Sound settings page, from System Settings-->Sound
  2.The check box style of vibrate related are not unified with others