Downgrading using the terminal needs internet in our machine. And if we
paste the previous libnl with a USB stick and click, Ubuntu Software
Center says -Error. A later version is already installed-. I tried
desperate many more things. Provably only a new repaired libnl UPDATE
which we can open by clicking might really solve this for everyone. I
believe there are more people affected but reporting this bug requires
internet.

Thank you.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to network-manager in Ubuntu.

  network-manager crashes when using libnl-3-200-3.21.1-1ubuntu1

Status in network-manager package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in network-manager source package in Trusty:

  Testing out proposed libnl-3 package[1] exposed a bug in NM 0.98.

  After installing updated libnl3 and restarting networkmanager, NM
  crashes with:

  /var/log/syslog shows:
  init: network-manager main process (1057) killed by SEGV signal
  init: network-manager main process ended, respawning
  init: network-manager main process (1065) killed by SEGV signal
  init: network-manager respawning too fast, stopped

  The bug has been fixed in upstream 0.98 with these patches:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/NetworkManager/commit/?id=8e4576b9fdb5c888d20a13aa2cc198df790dba54

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/NetworkManager/commit/?id=65981edb9f562c07e78815c98093da67c50bfdcf