Public bug reported:

kernel : 4.2.0-27
onboard bluetooth controller : AR3011
The Bluetooth was working great. I deactivated the bluetooth via the indicator,
and then, impossible to start it. Neither from the settings bluetooth
interface, neither via hciconfig. The service was of course started without
problems.
The device was well recognized and started, could find which usb port and
everything. However hciconfig could not see it:

$ hciconfig -a hci0

hci0:   Type: BR/EDR  Bus: USB
        BD Address: 00:00:00:00:00:00  ACL MTU: 0:0  SCO MTU: 0:0
        DOWN
        RX bytes:0 acl:0 sco:0 events:0 errors:0
        TX bytes:12 acl:0 sco:0 commands:4 errors:0

Of course I restarted the system, tried purging all bluetooth related packages,
tried installing blueman. Nothing would make it start.
Finally I found this thread of arch linux :

So basically I shut down the computer, waited a while, started the computer and
the bluetooth is functional again.
I will try reproducing the bug. I tried, but it did not happen again. Maybe
it's because I was listening music, lost signal, came back to the pc and closed
bluetooth.

Any thoughts of what is this caused by?

** Affects: bluez (Ubuntu)

** Tags: ar3011 bluetooth bluez hciconfig

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to bluez in Ubuntu.

  AR3011 Bluetooth not starting after being stoped (but detected)

Status in bluez package in Ubuntu: