** Changed in: avila
    Milestone: ww06-2016 => None

** No longer affects: avila

  Fix the user login experience on the greeter on a tablet

Status in Canonical System Image:
  Fix Committed
Status in livecd-rootfs package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in unity8 package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in livecd-rootfs package in Ubuntu RTM:
  Fix Released
Status in unity8 package in Ubuntu RTM:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  The current UX for tablets or when converged with a mouse attached is
  a bit of a placeholder showing the default phablet user.

  We need to support two modes of the greeter that scales according to
  the available input devices. The first one is one that works across
  mobile and tablet devices in non-mouse connected / touch-centric
  state. Unlocking with no mouse connected would be exactly as it is
  today on the phone, which displays the Infographic until you touch the
  screen, and then you get a message that says "swipe to unlock" If you
  don't have a pin code set, the screen unlocks. if you have a pincode
  set, the touch pincode-entry pad appears.

  If a mouse is connected, however, you get the more "desktop-friendly"
  greeter with the infographic, user-name and password entry field (just
  like what we have today) on tablet.  If the user taps or clicks into
  the password edit box, the OSK is popped up (unless an external
  keyboard is also attached). If no password or pincode has been set,
  then instead of the password entry field, you would instead have a
  "login" button that clears the greeter.

  On a tablet with mouse connected and no pincode set, the user could
  either swipe away the greeter or tap on the login button. If the user
  has a password/pincode set and attempts to swipe away the greeter, we
  should put up a hint message asking the user to enter their
  password/pincode to continue.

  This incremental enhancement to recognize the mouse is more consistent
  with convergence because tablets are mobile devices, and if no mouse
  is attached, we should follow a touch-centric approach. In a mouse-
  connected state, we can assume the user will be favoring that device.