Public bug reported:

Hello,

this is not a bug report but a feature request.

Because there is no CardDAV support, I synchronize my contacts with an
vcf file I have on my server. When importing this file, all contacts
appear more than once. The app should either merge the contacts or ask
if old contacts should be removed.

At the moment, I always have to delete the
~/.local/share/evolution/addressbook/system/contacts.db file first,
restart the phone and import the new contacts.

This should be easier to handle. Of course, CardDAV would be the best
solution.

Thank you in advance.
Lucio

** Affects: address-book-app (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to address-book-app in

  Synchronize by importing: App should ask if old contacts should be
  deleted

Status in address-book-app package in Ubuntu: