Regarding GPS fix I think that it's hardware problem (GPS used in Cortex),
because I look at several android phones and here're my results:
- all phones tested with Snapdragon (Nexus 4, LG L fino, one HTC) get first fix
below 10 seconds;
- all phones tested with Cortex (Lenovo A820, MX4, Kazam) getting first fix
even till 2 minutes.
That makes all phones in market with Ubuntu (BQ, Meizu) are useless regarding
in example using NearBy scope (without previous getting GPS fix in some navi
app). Maybe solution to get phone more useful with features requiring GPS
position is to release some phone with Snapdragon part (or GPS tested before
and looked average time of first GPS fix)?
Does Canonical team tested that in oncoming MX5 Pro?

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity-scopes-shell in

  Can't get correct location information before use other GPS apps

Status in NearBy Scope:
  New
Status in location-service package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in unity-scopes-api package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in unity-scopes-shell package in Ubuntu:

  My location should be Tainan, Taiwan.
  If I did not run another GPS apps before, NearBy shows my location is in the
center of Taiwan.

  system-image-cli -i
  current build number: 76
  device name: arale
  channel: ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/meizu.en
  last update: 2015-08-04 15:20:42
  version version: 76
  version ubuntu: 20150804
  version device: 20150709-8965e37