** Branch linked: lp:~bpierre/ubuntu-ui-toolkit/combobutton-standalone

** Branch linked: lp:~bpierre/ubuntu-ui-toolkit/newbutton

  Button text color doesn't offer great contrast, and looks disabled
  when it's not

Status in Ubuntu UX:
  New
Status in ubuntu-ui-toolkit package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in unity8 package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  I'll attach some pictures to show what I mean.

  We have a visual design for the welcome wizard when you first turn on
  the device (see attached design.jpg).  It shows a combo box that is
  hard to achieve with the current toolkit.

  (As an aside, there is no joiner between the drop down button and the
  rest of the widget in design.jpg.  I don't know how to do that with
  the current SDK...  But that's not the point of this bug.)

  My real problem is text color.  By default, I get a kind of grey
  background color and light text.  It's not the easiest to see.  And
  this is the default!  See default.png

  When I set a white background to get closer to the visual design, I
  still get a light text.  Which is also hard to see.  See white.png

  I seem to have no control over the color of the text.  In
  ButtonStyle.qml, I see:

          textColor: ColorUtils.luminance(button.color) <= 0.85 &&
  !(stroke && !pressed) ? "#FFFFFF" : "#888888"

  Which does not provide much control nor the possibility for a
  particularly dark text color.