Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: network-manager (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to network-manager in Ubuntu.

  Network Manager IPv6+IPv4 and if-up.d scripts

Status in Linux Mint:
  New
Status in NetworkManager:
  New
Status in network-manager package in Ubuntu:

  I've several scripts which runs when my interface is brought up/down.
Depending on the network my laptop is connected to, it starts/applys different
settings. This scripts are located in /etc/network/{if-up.d,if-post-down.d}.
  Recently we have implemented IPv6 in our company and I've noticed that the
scripts topped to work.
  Investigating, I've found that a IPv6 is configured automatically first and
later eth0 receives IPv4 address, but this time the scripts are not called
again.
  So, the problem is when the script runs, we don't have IPv4 adress yet, and
when we receive IPv4 address, the scripts are not called again.
  And this is not an expected behaviour.

  As a workarround, I've set to ignore "IPv6" in a network manager. But
  this problem may affect all the scripts located in /etc/network/if-
  up.d/, such as "000resolvconf avahi-autoipd  avahi-daemon  ntpdate
  openssh-server  samba  upstart  wpasupplicant", not only my homemade
  scritps.

  Step to reproduce the problem:
  1. Get the mixed environment (IPv6/IPv4), with a DHCP for IPv4 and
auto-configuration for IPv6. The IPv4 DHCP server is slower than IPv6
configuration.
  2. Allow the Network manager to connect.
  3. The scripts only will run once, when IPv6 address wil lbe received (Or I
suppouse if IPv4 is faster, then only when IPv4 address is received, but not
tested).

  My Linuxmint version:
  lsb_release -a
  No LSB modules are available.