Steps to reproduce the  problem:
1- I send a message inside a URL to the mobile operator server, I used "wget"
to do so:
wget -O /dev/null --quiet --no-check-certificate
'https://smsapi.free-mobile.fr/sendmsg?user=21462625&pass=EecGm6kuwWyVBX&msg=This-Is-A-Test-Message'

2- The message is received on the phone, without the sound notification,
nor the green notification icon.

I've put a screenshot showing the messages list display
after the test message has arrived.

** Attachment added: "screenshot20160223_200152202-after.png"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+bug/1547462/+attachment/4579286/+files/screenshot20160223_200152202-after.png

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to telephony-service in

  [notification] all received messages are not always played back

Status in Canonical System Image:
  Incomplete
Status in telephony-service package in Ubuntu:

  Here is another case where received messages are not notified:
  SMS messages sent directly from my operator to my number.
  To do so I need to send the SMS into a formatted url (Percent-encoding) from
  my operator web site: example: to send the message "Hello World !"
  on the mobile connect to :

https://smsapi.free-mobile.fr/sendmsg?user=login&pass=password&msg=Hello%20World%20!

  As well the login/password is the one supplied by my operator.

  This kind of SMS message will not be notified when it arrives in my BQ
Aquaris Phone.
  Other notifications work well. This problem did not exist before OTA-9

  Expected Result: This SMS also should give sound notification.

  phablet@ubuntu-phablet:~$ system-image-cli -i
  current build number: 29
  device name: krillin
  channel: ubuntu-touch/stable/bq-aquaris.en
  last update: 2016-01-28 09:44:29
  version version: 29
  version ubuntu: 20160123.1
  version tag: OTA-9