By that logic, _blank should open in Browser and non-blank should be in
an overlay, right?  Since an "in browser view" is closest to an overlay.
But that's the opposite of what happens today.

As a webapp author, I don't have control of which the web site uses
though.  In my concrete case, I have a webapp for theoldreader.com (an
RSS feed reader, which always uses _blank) and one for m.reddit.com
(reddit, which doesn't use _blank).

But in both cases, I believe an overlay is the best experience.
Switching to the Browser is a huge context switch.  And temporary page
views (as happens with RSS and reddit) tend to leave lots of tabs left
over in Browser.

So at least as a webapp author, I'd like the option to enable overlays
for non-_blank links.  But let's hear from Design too.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to webbrowser-app in Ubuntu.

  [webapp-container] Outside links don't always open in overlay

Status in Ubuntu UX:
  New
Status in webbrowser-app package in Ubuntu:

  I made two webapps.  In one, outside links always open in a container
  overlay.  In the other, they open in the browser app.

  I *think* the only difference is that the overlay-webapp happens to
  use target=_blank for the links, while the browser-webapp doesn't.

  I personally think that both types of outside links should open in an
  overlay.  If you agree and this is simply a bug, let's fix it.

  If it's not a bug, can there be a commandline option to override this
  behavior (i.e. control whether outside links open in an overlay or
  not)?