Another handy trick used in GUI toolkits is to introduce a "clicked"
event created by the toolkit. So simple apps don't need to track button
states, only listen for the 'clicked' event and ignore all other events.
So a button might receive any of these sequences of events:

  press -> appearance changes to depressed
  press, release, clicked -> appearance resets and action triggered
  press, cancelled -> appearance resets
  release -> nothing happens

but typically an app only really needs to act on 'clicked'.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to mir in Ubuntu.

  libinput doesn't handle EV_KEY event with a value of 255
  (BUTTON_CANCLED), to support Android home buttons

Status in Mir:
  Triaged
Status in libinput package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in mir package in Ubuntu:

  I port Ubuntu Touch to LG L90 Dual. When I press a button below the
  screen (it's the touch button and is part of the touch screen), then
  slide the finger up, a letter will repeatedly appear in any text field
  selected (for instance, if the button is a menu button, letter 'e'
  will appear repeatedly). Using evtest with the touch screen device, I
  can see what happened:

  Event: time 75.605520, type 1 (EV_KEY), code 139 (KEY_MENU), value 1
  Event: time 75.605525, -------------- EV_SYN ------------
  Event: time 75.707065, type 1 (EV_KEY), code 139 (KEY_MENU), value 255

  (See the full log here: http://paste.ubuntu.com/15112114/)
  When I place the finger down, touch screen will send an event with type 1
(EV_KEY), code 139 (KEY_MENU), and value 1, indicating that the button is
placed. And when I move the finger away from the button, touch screen will send
an event with type 1 (EV_KEY), code 139 (KEY_MENU), and value 255. Digging in
kernel code reveals that this is defined as "BUTTON_CANCLED". Looking in
libevent code, it seems that it always assume that anything that is not 0 will
be considered as pressed, which makes it looks like the button is hold.