This bug was fixed in the package webbrowser-app -
0.23+16.04.20160223-0ubuntu1

---------------
webbrowser-app (0.23+16.04.20160223-0ubuntu1) xenial; urgency=medium

  [ CI Train Bot ]
  * Resync trunk.

  [ Olivier Tilloy ]
  * Remove the 'formFactor' context property, and replace all its uses
    by more meaningful conditions. (LP: #1446904, #1542375)
  * Update translation template.
  * Work around a bug in the UITK that prevents touch scrolling to the
    left of the address bar by ensuring that the x coordinate of the
    text field is an integer. (LP: #1546346)
  * Work around bug #1546677 (UITK), by destroying the bookmark options
    popover instead of hiding it. (LP: #1546627, #1546677)

 -- Olivier Tilloy <olivier.til...@canonical.com>  Tue, 23 Feb 2016
11:24:49 +0000

** Changed in: webbrowser-app (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-ui-toolkit in

  [touch] No way to go to beginning of URL in address bar

Status in ubuntu-ui-toolkit package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in webbrowser-app package in Ubuntu:

  If there is a long URL in the address bar and I want to edit the URL,
  I can't do it without a mouse or keyboard! Pressing and dragging to
  the right moves the carrot with my finger to be end of the URL. So far
  so good.

  Doing that same motion but to the left drags the text to the left
  inside the address bar. Effectively showing my the right side of the
  URL again! I have no way to go to the beginning, but two ways to get
  to the end.