Thanks. I fixed my rules and now /dev/null is OK.

  Wrong /dev/null permissions after boot

Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  After running update today (on Ubuntu 15.10) and rebooting the OS
  lightdm would not start. After some debugging I noticed that /dev/null
  (and some other /dev files) do not have adequate permissions (compared
  to another Ubuntu box I have) - e.g. 'others' could not read nor write
  /dev/null.

  After 'chmod a+rw' offending files, lightdm started up. Of course this
  is not reboot persistent so I need to put this in some /etc/rc.* to
  make it stick - which I do not want to!

  To fix this problem after reboots I added /etc/init.d/fix-dev.sh
  script with contents, and symlink to /etc/rcS.d/S14fix-dev.sh (last
  entry):

  chmod a+rw /dev/null /dev/random /dev/urandom /dev/ptmx /dev/tty
  /dev/zero /dev/full /dev/fuse /dev/net/tun

  My system now starts the lightdm as it did before.

  $ lsb_release -rd
  Release:      15.10

  apt-cache policy udev
  udev: