I'm seeing similar behavior to the previous PPA, when the screens are
disconnected the panel fails to resize, and when the screens are
reconnected plasma segfaults. Note that in my configuration, the
internal display is disabled by kscreen to allow both external monitors
to activate.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to qtbase-opensource-src in

  Crash on screen power save

Status in qtbase-opensource-src package in Ubuntu:

  Continuation to bug #1548766 to consider another upstream fix from
  https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/138681/

  The fix could affect both monitor power saving or attaching/detaching
  cycles.