I can confirm the bug still exists in Trusty, and I just tried a Wily
live image and it exists there, too. The affected hardware is getting a
bit old but still seems to work fine with Ubuntu in all other ways.

As I am not Id2ndR should I run apport-collect on a new bug and mark it
as a duplicate of this one?

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to xorg in Ubuntu.

  [X1100] flickering after resume from ram

Status in xorg package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: xserver-xorg-video-radeon

  System : Ubuntu 8.10 (up to date)
  GPU : ATI express X1100
  Video driver : radeon

  Steps to reproduce :
  - put the computer on standby
  - resume from ram
  => the screen will flicker while CPU activity is not high

  workaround :
  - just launch an infinite loop that consume CPU : $ while true; do echo
>/dev/null; done
  => the screen won't flicker while the CPU is use (even if only one core is
being used)

  There isn't error either in Xorg, xsession logs or in dmesg after
  resuming.

  Notice that this trouble doesn't occured with fglrx driver.