"2014-01-29 Change the order of elements in the output select control.
This will reduce the number of relay switches. Change 'put' function to
call the oxygen_update_dac_routing() function. Otherwise multichannel
playback does not work. Also there is a new function to apply settings,
this prevents from duplicating the code. Signed-off-by: Roman Volkov
<v1...@mail.ru> Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clem...@ladisch.de>"

This is the cause of the problem, it seem that PulseAudio not recognize the
Speaker output.
On Ubuntu 14.04 LTS PulseAudio set the output on "Speakers"
But on Ubuntu 14.10 + the output "Speakers" doesn't exist.

In alsamixer:
Ubuntu 14.04: Speakers, Headphone, Headphone FP
Ubuntu 14.10 → 16.04: Stereo Headphone, Stereo Headphone FP, Multichannel

If I manually set "Multichannel" in alsamixer, I can play sound, but PulseAudio
show only "Analog headphone" (in Pavucontrol), so the output persist on "Stereo
Headphone FP" and no sound is played on the speakers. (And the output
Multichannel is not set by default)
Thank you,
Valentin Crône

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

  No sound on ASUS Xonar DGX Soundcard (16.04)

Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu:

  Hello,
  On Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (Alpha), with the latest package updates (28/02/2015),
Linux 4.4 and PulseAudio 8.0, I can't play any sound on my ASUS Xonar DGX.
Tested with the app to test speakers, Firefox, VLC, and checked with
pavucontrol, the progress bar indicate that a sound is played on the card, but
no sound on the speakers.

  I report this bug because it works on the same version with the
  integrated card of my motherboard. (ASUS H87-PLUS)

  On Ubuntu 14.04 (PulseAudio 4.0), the sound work correctly (with all
  defaults params)

  The speakers connected are the Logitech Z9600 (by 3 jacks), and I
  precise that they are correctly plugged in, etc..., it works when I
  connect it to the integrated sound card of my motherboard (and if I
  use Ubuntu 14.04 LTS)

  I don't know if it's a normal development bug, but in doubt I report it.
  Thank you,
  Valentin Crône