It's very easy to reproduce now. Just run an app that requests the
screen to stay on, in my case ubuntu-silo-installer (click package
attached).

Steps to reproduce:
- launch the app
- press the power button to lock the phone/dim the screen
- now send a text message to the phone

Expected results
- screen turns on for notification, then goes black after timeout

Actual results:
- screen turns on for notification then stays on

Seems to happen even if you move the app to the background before turning off
the screen.
Whenever the screen is locked or hte app is moved to the background we should
remove the lock that is causing the screen to stay on.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity-system-compositor in

  Apps can keep screen lit permanently

Status in Canonical System Image:
  Confirmed
Status in Oxide:
  Fix Released
Status in Oxide 1.10 series:
  Fix Released
Status in qtmir package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in unity-system-compositor package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in unity8 package in Ubuntu:

  rc-proposed, r140, krillin

  There are times when it seems the display blanking policy stops
  working and the display stays on until I press the power button.

  Steps to reproduce:
  * install and start Siete
  * put it in background

  Expected outcome:
  * the display is switched off after a predetermined amount of time

  Actual outcome:
  * the display stays on forever

  ======

  Now that apps can request the screen to stay on, they can do so
  regardless of whether they're focused/visible or not.