apport-collect is not for reporting bugs, but for updating bugs that
already reported to Launchpad. Perhaps you mean apport-bug or apport-
cli?  If you mean apport-cli, it now contains the following function:

351     def open_url(self, url):
352         text = '%s\n\n  %s\n\n%s' % (
353             _('To continue, you must visit the following URL:'),
354             url,
355             _('You can launch a browser now, or copy this URL into a
browser on another computer.'))
356
357         answer = self.ui_question_choice(text, [_('Launch a browser now')],
False)
358         if answer == [0]:
359             apport.ui.UserInterface.open_url(self, url)

So a link is presented with will take you to the bug filing form in
Launchpad. Does this address your issue?

** Changed in: apport (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apport in Ubuntu.

  apport-collect does not work on headless servers

Status in apport package in Ubuntu:

  It is essential that apport-collect  works on a headless/non-X
  installs in order to report bugs. In this case, apport-collect tries
  to use a text-based browser to attempt to login to Launchpad.

  I tried lynx, links2, elinks and w3m. With elinks I get the following
  message: "Your Page Was Stale" after selecting "continue".

  This bug is related to #556927, #645024 and #683337. As these only
  concern the functioning of w3m, I would here like to raise the issue
  that a proper installation must make sure that a compatible text-based
  browser is installed and set as default.

  WORKAROUND: Execute the following:
  sudo apt-get install w3m
  sudo update-alternatives --set www-browser /usr/bin/w3m