I'm no longer attempting to run Ubuntu on a MacBook, so I have no way to
test this right now.  Sorry!  We can just close this if you like.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to xorg in Ubuntu.

  X server fails to start on MacBookPro9,1 with hybrid Intel/Nvidia
  graphics: no screens found

Status in xorg package in Ubuntu:

  I have a MacBookPro9,1, which has both an integrated Intel HD Graphics
  4000 controller and a discrete Nvidia GeForce GT 650M.  I want to
  disable the Nvidia graphics and boot using Intel only, since I don't
  need the Nvidia chip's capabilities and it shortens battery life (and
  makes suspend/resume not work; see bug #1084960).  But when I
  blacklist the Nouveau driver and reboot using the Intel driver only,
  the X server fails to start: it reports "no screens found" and
  crashes.

  I'm booting using EFI rather than BIOS; not sure whether that's
  relevant.

  I'll attach the X server log and the dmesg log.  Just let me know if
  there's any other information I can provide.