** Summary changed:

- app icons getting their top cut off (Ubuntu Touch)
+ [FHD] app icons getting their top cut off (Ubuntu Touch)

  [FHD] app icons getting their top cut off (Ubuntu Touch)

Status in Canonical System Image:
  Fix Committed
Status in unity8 package in Ubuntu:

  I'm having this issue since OTA-9. I can easily reproduce this with 100%
success rate now. Here's how to reproduce:
  1. go to apps scope
  2. scroll down to bottom (or at least till the first few rows go out of the
screen)
  3. scroll SLIGHTLY up so that the header with the search option (magnifying
glass icon) appears
  4. search for something
  5. press the back button to get back to apps scope
  6. scroll down through the app list
  7. pull and release to refresh
  8. scroll down through the app list again
  9. search for something again

  expected to happen:
  nothing weird

  happened instead:
  at step 4. the app icon(s) appearing in the search result have their top cut
off
  https://launchpadlibrarian.net/235945153/screenshot20160201_195047392.png
  at step 5. now the apps in the top row of apps scope also have their top cut
off
  https://launchpadlibrarian.net/235945187/screenshot20160201_195056867.png
  at step 6. still top row has top cut off
  at step 7. still top row has top cut off
  at step 8. normality is restored
  at step 9. same tops getting cut off as in step 4.

  Device: bq Aquaris E5 HD, Ubuntu 15.04 (OTA-9)

  NOTE: I was having the opposite kinda issue (one extra blank row
  before actual results and in apps scope, see Bug #1539606) previously
  but it's apparently gone after restarting the device once.