** Changed in: indicator-network (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: Antti Kaijanmäki (kaijanmaki) => (unassigned)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to indicator-network in

  network-manager asks for passwords it already knows

Status in indicator-network package in Ubuntu:

  Sometimes Network Manager (and the network indicator) asks for
  passwords it already knows.  This issue is intermittent and I'm not
  yet sure what causes it, but it has been happening for a long time on
  many different devices.

  I'm seeing it happen in Ubuntu Touch on krillin (rtm 274, OTA3.5
  candidate), but also on every other Ubuntu Touch device I've ever used
  and every notebook I've ever tried Network Manager on.  This bug is
  specifically targeting Ubuntu Touch though.

  The issue is easiest to trigger by rebooting the phone.  While
  developing a new reboot loop test, I saw this happen on 8 of 12 boots
  during a short test sequence.  The logs from that are attached, though
  I'm not sure if it contains nearly enough information.

  Triggering the issue is sometimes difficult due to the intermittent
  nature, but in general it usually happens if I leave a device idle
  overnight.  In the morning I'm greeted by a dialog asking for my wifi
  password.  If I cancel the dialog it will connect successfully (though
  sometimes I also have to drag down the indicator and tap the network
  to tell it to connect), so it hasn't forgotten the password.

  If more logs are needed, let me know which ones and I can add them to
  the test.