Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: libxslt (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to libxslt in Ubuntu.

  validity error : ID  already defined

Status in libxslt package in Ubuntu:

  Hi!
  I have an xhtml I want to transform. It was processed by html tidy, so it is
a valid xhtml. But It fails to transform with
  o.xml:845: element a: validity error : ID top already defined
        <a name="top" id="top"></a>
  This is a single top id in the whole doc.
  I extracted the part
      "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd";>
  <head>
  "HTML Tidy for Linux (vers 25 March 2009), see www.w3.org" />
  <title></title>
  </head>
  <h1>The Developer's Guide</h1>
   but still get the error.
  cmd is
  xsltproc --novalid --html -o out.htm  t.xsl /tmp/3.htm
  if I skip --html it works. (I'm not sure what --html does, but without it
xsltproc complains on named entities)
  Anyway, having name and id with same value in the same tag is VALID, so it
shouldn't complain.
  see http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/links.html#h-12.2.3

  Package: xsltproc 1.1.26-6
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.35-30.54-generic 2.6.35.13
  Uname: Linux 2.6.35-30-generic x86_64
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia wl
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Sun Jul 31 07:03:17 2011
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick Meerkat" - Release amd64 (20101007)
  ProcEnviron:
   PATH=(custom, user)
   LANG=en_GB.utf8
   SHELL=/bin/bash