@lukas-kde @saviq I've updated the bug description to clarify this
change, but I've got a question about the original description - what
exactly was meant by 'cascade'? If this is what I think it means e.g.
display the windows in a diagonal stack then this is not the desired
behavior.  We should restore all windows to as close to their original
sizes and positions when switching back to windowed mode.

When a user switches back to windowed mode on a different
size/resolution display (as is very possible in the convergence case),
then we should follow the logic described in the MIR spec for how the
windows sizes and positions are modified as minimally as possible to fit
onto the new screen size.  See the section titled "When a display
shrinks, rotates, or is removed" in spec
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1L85DdfDd3lDbvchYbgQ45C_lJ1IeTMG4uc7Nuq_XdAE/edit#heading=h.lo6wjg7251og
(private document).

  unity8 windowed mode should cascade

Status in Canonical System Image:
  In Progress
Status in Canonical Pocket Desktop:
  In Progress
Status in Ubuntu UX:
  In Progress
Status in unity8 package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  when launching transitioning to windowed mode or launching
  applications in windowed mode, each window by default is the same size
  and locates to the same default location.

  Desired resolution:

  - Window/Surface state should be remembered so that if a user switches
  from windowed mode to staged mode, when the user then switches back to
  windowed mode the windows should be restored to their previous
  windowed mode sizes and positions.

  - This also applies to staged mode e.g. if a surface was in the
  sidestage, when the user switches back to staged mode the surface
  should still be in the side stage.