Public bug reported:

I'm using Ubuntu 16.04 dev with libc6 2.23-0ubuntu1 and language-pack-
gnome-de 1:16.04+20160313 (and its minimum dependencies) and on
executing "locale -a" I'm getting this output:

sworddragon@ubuntu:~$ locale -a
C.UTF-8
de_AT.utf8
de_BE.utf8
de_CH.utf8
de_DE.utf8
de_LI.utf8
de_LU.utf8
en_US.utf8
POSIX

It could be useful if the languages would be split into more packages
(like one for any territory for the same language like in my example and
a separate package for the english language) so that they can be easily
maintained.

** Affects: glibc (Ubuntu)

** Affects: language-pack-de (Ubuntu)

** Also affects: language-pack-gnome-de (Ubuntu)

** Package changed: language-pack-gnome-de (Ubuntu) => language-pack-de
(Ubuntu)

** Description changed:

  I'm using Ubuntu 16.04 dev with libc6 2.23-0ubuntu1 and language-pack-
- gnome-de 1:16.04+20160313 and on executing "locale -a" I'm getting this
- output:

-
- It could be useful if the languages would be split into more packages (like
one for any territory for the same language like in my example and a separate
package for the english language) so that they can be easily maintained.
+ It could be useful if the languages would be split into more packages
+ (like one for any territory for the same language like in my example and
+ a separate package for the english language) so that they can be easily
+ maintained.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to language-pack-gnome-de in

  Separating languages into more packages

Status in glibc package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in language-pack-de package in Ubuntu: