If we can compensate such thing in another file there is no reason why
we cannot remove the ubuntu-specific 65-fonts-arphic*.conf, but as said
in Bug #1468027 I don't want to hurt Chinese appearance in favor of
Japanese or other languages.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to fonts-arphic-ukai in

  Redundant fontconfig files

Status in fonts-arphic-ukai package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in fonts-arphic-uming package in Ubuntu:

  The fontconfig files 65-fonts-arphic-ukai.conf and 65-fonts-arphic-
  uming.conf are Ubuntu specific. Why do we ship those, considering that
  the default font for Chinese is neither "AR PL UKai" nor "AR PL
  UMing"?

  The files seem to make it more difficult to fix a sensible default
  configuration for Chinese/Japanese rendering under a non-CJKV locale.
  Currently we try to compensate for it via 64-language-selector-
  prefer.conf.

  Shouldn't 65-fonts-arphic-ukai.conf and 65-fonts-arphic-uming.conf be
  dropped?