I've just tried the same thing in the in-app Twitter browser and it does
not download. I do not know whether this is because the webview can't
handle it or because the webview handles it fine and then gives the data
to the Twitter app itself, which does not know what to do with it. (If
you can think of a better way of testing, I'm happy to do so.)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to webbrowser-app in Ubuntu.

  Cannot download URIs with a "filesystem:" scheme

Status in Oxide:
  New
Status in webbrowser-app package in Ubuntu:

  Bq aquaris 4.5 15.04 r24

  When I try to download images from telegram web version web browser ask me to
select an APP .
  Cant simply downlad, by other hand if I select Gallery, udropcabin or
Imaginario i recived this error:

  Error during downloading
  NetworkError 301 - Protocol "filesystem" is unknown.