Nice videos. Although I found I had to save them offline before they
play nicely and the difference is clear.

I've been wondering about spread performance actually. In particular how
we implement texture smoothing. If it's just GL_LINEAR filtering that
should be fast. But if someone has unwittingly turned on mipmapping then
it could get very slow.

** Tags added: performance regression regression-proposed

** Summary changed:

- Right edge switcher stutters badly with only a few apps opened
+ [regression] Right edge switcher stutters badly with only a few apps opened

  [regression] Right edge switcher stutters badly with only a few apps
  opened

Status in Canonical System Image:
  New
Status in unity8 package in Ubuntu:

  tested on krillin and arale on rc-proposed.
  also I tried the fix for bug 1556763 but that's not related to this as well.

  The right edge switcher on both krillin and arale stutter when I drag
  it from the right edge and then swipe through the list of opened
  windows.

  This was not the case a few months ago, so we clearly regressed here.