Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: telephony-service (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity-system-compositor in

  Display doesn't turn on for incoming phone call when proximity sensor
  triggered

Status in Canonical System Image:
  Incomplete
Status in telephony-service package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in unity-system-compositor package in Ubuntu:

  I just received two phone calls.  In each case the phone started
  ringing but the screen stayed black.  In the first case I let it ring
  for a while hoping that it would magically wake up, since some bugs do
  seem to work that way.  But nothing happened.  I was unwilling to
  press the power button since in iOS that immediately hangs up the
  call.  Eventually however I did press it, and the screen woke up.  But
  I was too late to answer the call.  When the person phoned back the
  screen was black again, so I pressed the power button and was then
  able to slide the slider to answer the call.

  I don't think this is the same as Bug #1493574, since that bug seems
  to happen after the phone has been answered.

  Syslog of about the right time attached.  Phone reports the times of
  the calls as 15:41 and 15:47.