As the last step to isolate the issue, I've created a trivial GL-based
TPP and was NOT able to repro after trying many times. I assume at this
point that the Qt QuickSceneGraph Renderer the actual TPP uses is doing
something funny.

I am off the next couple of days and if anyone wants to try the TPP is
in silo 80 (https://requests.ci-train.ubuntu.com/#/ticket/1187). Please
use the packages with the '15.04.20160330-0ubuntu1' tag as 'citrain
device upgrade' picks up the older versions, probably because not all
'arch'es built successfully the last time.

At this time, I'll remove myself and Mir from the bug, as I am not
familiar with the QSG.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to mir in Ubuntu.

  Opening the camera for the first time leads to reboot

Status in camera-app:
  New
Status in Canonical System Image:
  Confirmed
Status in Mir:
  Invalid
Status in Telegram app:
  Invalid
Status in trust-store:
  New
Status in mir package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Test case.
  - Flash the phone.
  - Open Telegram app.
  - Fill the account details.
  - Add a contact (if needed).
  - Select a contact to send a message.
  - Tap on the clip to attach a photo.
  - Select the camera.

  Expected result.
  - After accepting the permission dialog, camera app allows to take a picture.

  Actual result.
  - After accepting the permission dialog, phone reboots.

  I'm not sure whether this is a problem with Telegram or with the
  camera. However, I couldn't reproduce the problem using the messaging-
  app. And once the permission dialog is accepted, the reboot is gone.

  com.ubuntu.telegram_2.0.8.0_armhf.click
  current build number: 259
  device name: arale
  channel: ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/meizu.en

  --------------------------

  Same happens with the following steps:

  1. Flash device (arale) with

  $ ubuntu-device-flash touch --device arale --channel ubuntu/rc-
  proposed/meizu.en --recovery-image <path-to-recovery-with-adb-support>
  --bootstrap

  2. Wait until flash process is done
  3. Go through first-start wizard
  4. Pass tutorial
  5. Directly launch camera-app, approve trust-prompt

  Repeat 1-5 multiple times and you will see a frozen device after step
  5. You can verify it happened due to a kernel panic mentioned in
  comment #7.

  You can reset the trust db entry for the camera app using :
  $rm -rf ~/.local/share/CameraService
  $restart cameraservice-trust-stored

  Run the following to get the command line for all threads so you can match
the pid from the kmsg later (see below):
  ps H -eo 'pid tid cmd:250 comm'

  To verify it was really the kernel panic run

  $ sudo cat /proc/last_kmsg

  once the device has rebooted.