We use some custom code in System Settings, so this may be related to
that. However, you say you can repro it in other places, so we'll mark
Settings as incomplete for now until word gets back from UUITK.

** Changed in: ubuntu-system-settings (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: ubuntu-system-settings (Ubuntu)

  Selection flickers to dark grey for a split second before settling on
  light grey

Status in Ubuntu UX:
  New
Status in ubuntu-system-settings package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete
Status in ubuntu-ui-toolkit package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in unity8 package in Ubuntu:

  System Settings: The rounded selection rectangle flickers on mouse
  click.

  Using Unity8 on desktop, when I click on any icon in System Settings a
  rounded selection rectangle appears. However during the click that
  selection rectangle flickers to dark grey for a fraction of a second
  before becoming light grey.