Closing assumed fixed.

** Changed in: lightdm (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu.

  LightDM refuses to load

Status in lightdm package in Ubuntu:

  I installed nvidia-current and when I rebooted I got the error: 'failure to
write byte: broken pipe' (or similar), rebooted and now I just get a blank
screen (switched to tty2, reloaded lightdm several times, still won't work).
This is probably a problem with either lightdm, xorg or nvidia-current.
  System Specs:
  Fully updated Ubuntu 12.04.2 "Precise Pangolin" LTS 64-bit
  lightdm1.2.3-0ubuntu2
  nvidia-current304.88-0ubuntu-0.0.2
  xorg1:7.6+12ubuntu2

  Intel Pentium M (Dual-Core) @ 2.5GHz
  Nvidia GeForce 7050 (256MB GRAM)
  4GB DDR2 RAM

  Package: lightdm 1.2.3-0ubuntu2
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.5.0-27.46~precise1-generic 3.5.7.7
  Uname: Linux 3.5.0-27-generic x86_64
  NonfreeKernelModules: wl nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu17.1
  Architecture: amd64