Public bug reported:

On two phones connected to AT&T, got recent rc-proposed updates, at some point
between 3/30 and 4/6 the phone started to select the wrong APN, one which did
not support MMS only internet. These phones have worked with MMS reliably for
over a year.
Rebooting the phone does not fix it.
One phone has been just getting updates for a year the other I had flashed last
week.

Explicitly selecting the correct preferred APN makes them work again.

My concern is something changed in the logic or database on the device
to change the behavior.

** Affects: network-manager (Ubuntu)

** Affects: ofono (Ubuntu)

** Package changed: libnl3 (Ubuntu) => network-manager (Ubuntu)

** Also affects: ofono (Ubuntu)

** Description changed:

- On two phones connected to AT&T, got recent updates, at some point between
3/30 and 4/6 the phone started to select the wrong APN, one which did not
support MMS only internet. These phones have worked with MMS reliably for over
a year.
+ On two phones connected to AT&T, got recent rc-proposed updates, at some
point between 3/30 and 4/6 the phone started to select the wrong APN, one which
did not support MMS only internet. These phones have worked with MMS reliably
for over a year.
  Rebooting the phone does not fix it.
  One phone has been just getting updates for a year the other I had flashed
last week.

  Explicitly selecting the correct preferred APN makes them work again.

  My concern is something changed in the logic or database on the device
  to change the behavior.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to libnl3 in Ubuntu.

  Wrong APN selected so MMS stopped working

Status in network-manager package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in ofono package in Ubuntu: