Line in doesn't work, even in Wily. That's another problem but I care
less about it since so far the internal microphone is the most
convenient option for me.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu.

  MBP 8,2 internal microphone stopped working

Status in alsa-driver package in Ubuntu:

  The internal microphone doesn't work in a Ubuntu Xenial installation.
  The concrete model is Cirrus Logic CS4206. I've tested with the Xenial
  live usb (2nd beta) and it doesn't work either, so it doesn't look
  line I've broken something. However with the Wily live CD (both
  standard Ubuntu and Kubuntu) it works.