I believe swiping through previews was removed in OTA10 because it was
potentially confusing with full sideways swiping (as used to display
open applications for example). Personally, I think a way to move
between previews without moving back to the surfaced view is an
important feature.

** Also affects: ubuntu-ux

** Also affects: unity8 (Ubuntu)

  can't navigate between news by sliding

Status in News Scope:
  Invalid
Status in Ubuntu UX:
  New
Status in unity8 package in Ubuntu:

  Since last upgrade we cant slide to right or to left side to change to
  the next or the previous news.

  OTA 10 BQ 4.5 ubuntu edition.