Thanks for testing that.

Very interesting that Holidays scope shows the message "Location data
must be enabled" even when you location data turned on.

This could either be a bug in the holidays scope (it has location data
but it does not think it does), or perhaps the location data passed to
the holidays scope by the framework is not correct.

To code that checks whether there is location data is very simply and is here:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~holidays-scope-team/holidays/trunk/view/head:/src/query.cpp#L207

If there is no location data, the message it displayed and the scope
ends.

This does not look buggy to me, so I suspect the scope is not being
passed correct location data by the framework. So I am going to add
unity-scope-api task to this bug.

** Also affects: unity-scopes-api (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity-scopes-api in

  inconsistent disappearance of child scope on Today scope

Status in Holidays Scope:
  New
Status in unity-scopes-api package in Ubuntu:

  The child scope shown on Today scope disappears frequently after a
  manual refresh (swipe down gesture) even when WiFi+location detection
  are turned on and nothing else changes on Today scope. Not even
  multiple manual refreshes bring the child scope back. The most
  efficient way of restoring the child scope is to turn off/turn on the
  option in settings of Today scope + manual refresh of Today scope
  afterwards, although this also doesn't work in 100 % of cases.

  Would be nice to have the child scope permanently visible on Today
  scope regardless of the location and WiFi settings.

  Using BQ 4.5 / OTA 10