My MX4 is twice as slow as the E4.5 here (E is less than a sec and seems
fine, mx4 is close to 2 secs), neither has much tab history.

** Changed in: canonical-devices-system-image

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to webbrowser-app in Ubuntu.

  Performance/behavior regression opening a new tab OTA-9 🠖 OTA-10

Status in Canonical System Image:
  Confirmed
Status in webbrowser-app package in Ubuntu:

  Having upgraded from OTA-9 to OTA-10 on my daily phone, it seems
  opening a new tab UX is considerably slower for me than before
  upgrading.

  The experience now is:  1. press new tab button, 2. the bottom bar
  goes away, old web page is shown. 3. Only 2 seconds later, new tab
  opens.

  I don't remember anymore exactly how it was OTA-9, but there wasn't an
  UX problem for me there. The wait time was definitely considerably
  shorter, and maybe the bottom bar didn't disappear before the new tab
  was really opened.

  I've checked that the CPU usage isn't up by any other process, so this
  behavior change would seem to be within webbrowser/oxide.

  Device is Bq Aquaris E4.5.