Bill, that's the same issue than bug #1302004 right (which has an
approved branch)?

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to indicator-datetime in

  calendar events shouldn't disappear from indicator until event ends

Status in Ubuntu UX:
  New
Status in indicator-datetime package in Ubuntu:

  This is stripped out from previous bug: lp:1557571

  > Also, the indicator sometimes gets the wrong time until an event is
  scheduled to start. As an example, I had an event scheduled for 23:50.
  At 23:43 I pulled down the indicator and it said 7 minutes 'till. At
  23:45 I tried again and it still said 7 minutes. I checked again at
  23:47 and it said 3 minutes till. I checked again at 23:50 and it
  still said 3 minutes. At 23:51 the item disappeared, even though the
  event was an hour long. So, it updates infrequently and doesn't show
  events while they're active (except for the first minute).

  Basically the event should not be removed from the indicator until
  it's entire duration is over. Currently it's removed the minute after
  it starts, but probalby should stay and say "In progress" or
  something?

  Adding design here for guidance.