Both Unity8 and QtMir are excused. On the day of the regression, unity8
was unchanged and qtmir changed but not in logic.

This leaves only Mir. On the day of the regression Mir was upgraded from
0.19.3 to 0.20.0. And looking at the source code, a large amount of code
changed in Mir's buffering/GL logic between those releases.

** Changed in: qtmir

** Changed in: qtmir (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: mir
    Milestone: None => 0.22.0

** Also affects: mir/0.21

** Also affects: mir/0.20

** Changed in: mir/0.21

** Changed in: mir/0.21

** Changed in: mir/0.20

** Changed in: mir/0.20

** Changed in: mir/0.20

  [regression] [OTA-10] Spread animation stutters badly with only a few
  apps opened

Status in Canonical System Image:
  Confirmed
Status in Mir:
  Confirmed
Status in Mir 0.20 series:
  Confirmed
Status in Mir 0.21 series:
  Confirmed
Status in QtMir:
  Invalid
Status in qtmir package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in unity8 package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Regression in OTA-10:
  tested on krillin and arale on rc-proposed.
  also I tried the fix for bug 1556763 but that's not related to this as well.

  The right edge switcher on both krillin and arale stutter when I drag
  it from the right edge and then swipe through the list of opened
  windows.

  This was not the case a few months ago, so we clearly regressed here.