See related bug:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-ux/+bug/1570619

** Also affects: canonical-devices-system-image

** Changed in: canonical-devices-system-image

** Changed in: canonical-devices-system-image
    Milestone: None => backlog

** Changed in: canonical-devices-system-image
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Bill Filler (bfiller)

** Changed in: canonical-devices-system-image

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-themes in Ubuntu.

  [Indicators] Missed calendar or alarm events need to be properly
  indicated

Status in Canonical System Image:
  Confirmed
Status in Indicator Date and Time:
  Confirmed
Status in Ubuntu theme:
  New
Status in Ubuntu UX:
  Confirmed
Status in indicator-datetime package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in ubuntu-themes package in Ubuntu:

  Imagine a scenario where you have a calendar event or a clock alarm to
  go of at 10:00. If you get a call at the same time, then obviously the
  call gets the highest priority and the alarm or calendar audible
  notification is suppressed by the system. So a phone user can actually
  miss the event.

  This can be resolved by turning the alarm icon shown in the indicator
  to blue similar to messages to indicate that an alarm or event was
  missed by the user.

  ——— UX Comment ———

  I can think of two possibilities for the resolution of this bug:

  1) We change the alarm icon in the status bar for alarm-missed icon
  (https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/0BzbnWoHmYF3ablBITVByRnpzdEk

  2) Once the incoming call event has finished or the user has acted on
  it by answering the call, we fire a notification bubble (as well as
  it’s associated auditory feedback) to communicate the missed event. If
  the user doesn’t act on the incoming call event, the alarm goes off
  after incoming call timeout.

  --> My recommendation would be to use a combination of both.